Friday, October 25, 2019

Blogging Journaling and Sisterhood...

I am finding myself more and more looking for things trying to remember and coming to my 2 blogs to see if I had posted anything about that person or topic or time.  Then I always get caught up reading a few posts while I am over here.

This week I found a friend and blogger who had posted on hers too for the first time in a while and I was so inspired by the post and all the reminders of why I kept blogging.  I am going to keep encouraging myself to get back here posting!!

It's such a great tool for me!!  Sometimes the hardest part is just what to write about.  I connected with a lady in NM that I work with everyday, her name is Brittany, and we shared about our families today via email to get to know each other a little better.  She shared she has a twin sister.  She already kind of feels like a sister to me, we get along and relate to each other so well.  So I have sisters on my mind!

This week my BFF Cris met her sister for the first time.  They share the same Dad.  She is here to visit for a few days so we went together for lunch so I could meet her.  Cris and I have so much in common and are constantly finding things we are so much alike about.  We've been asked if we were sisters so many times.  So to meet and learn more about her sister is a real treat.

My sister Lynn is going through a really hard time, her brother in law passed away suddenly and unexpectedly and she is driving from Seattle to Yakima right now to go clean out his house.  Oh how I wish I could be there to help her.  I love my sister and I don't even know who I would be without her.  She is the one that tell's me when I am overreacting or being crazy.  It's that just what sisters do?

Tonight the sisters in my church are getting together for an evening to learn and create and unite. There is a lesson from one who inspires women to not let the adversary get in your way telling you lies about yourself or what others think about you.  But to learn to be confident in who you are and create and make goals and live according to those truths rather then the lies of Satan.   And there will be a water color craft.   It is from 6-930pm so much later than I am ever awake for, but I know it will be good.  I have been struggling to keep myself plugged into going; and this morning I was tired of listening to the lies of why I shouldn't like: I have a cold sore, I am ugly, my bff won't be there, I don't have any connections to the other ladies there, I don't fit in etc.   These were also tools that told me in my right mind that it would be REALLY GOOD and I SHOULD BE THERE!!  So I reached into my bag of tools and texted 2 ladies I admire and asked them if they were going.  One replied and said yes and right away and offered to pick me up and give me a ride.  Well there was my answer and I said yes and now there is no getting out of it.

I love that God knows us enough to put Sisters in our lives in ways we probably never imagined or even hoped for!  They are just the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment