Friday, November 8, 2019

Happy Birthday to me...


What a great birthday... I kind of just focus my special day on how special and loved I feel and that doesn't just happen on my birthday; it's really an accumulation of the entire year!!
And it's just sweet; God is so good to help me realize these feelings and boost me right up!

I had a work conference to put on and honestly I was bummed it was scheduled on my birthday.  I had to get up super early and buy the breakfast food to take and set up.

But they celebrated with a big cake and singing happy birthday... it was a super awesome way to start my day.

My mother in law always does something festive since my birthday comes when all the Christmas things are ramping up.  I LOVE Christmas decorations, but she knew my Strong Silent Mysterious Man was putting a limit on how many I was allowed to accumulate... so she sent me this dress!
So festive, so pretty, super soft and fit perfect!
Which was just what I needed in my struggle with my weight right now to fit into clothing Ugggg!!!

My next surprise was flowers delivered to my work!
They were so beautiful, in a really special vase.
FROM MY SON!!!  
So sweet, with a really special sentiment on the card.
It really melted my heart, I love him so much!!!

The day just kept getting better when I was able to get off work at 2pm and Jim joined me for an afternoon on the town!
Since we didn't have anything planned, as we were leaving I saw the title for the Mercedes on the table and I hadn't been able to get off work early enough to make it to the DMV to get it transferred... so I asked him if we could get that off my list.  It wasn't a very traditional birthday gift to be at the DMV on your birthday, but it was a gift to me to get this done and to know we can take care of this gem of a car for my Mom and Sister officially.

We had to drive the car to the DMV so that was even more special to take her for a ride, AND it was the most beautiful sunny cool day ever!  We loved every minute of it!!

Afterwards we went to a nice steak dinner and then he took me shopping!
What??
I know, right, he's just mysterious that way ♥

Again, not very traditional shopping, but I had a gift card from Costco... so we went to see if I could find something I wanted there.
I ran across some under counter LED lights and if you know me at all you know I am obsessed with lights.  I think the right lighting is life altering and can set just the right mood for any occasion.  
So under counter lights and a pair of sweat pants... perfect gifts for me!

Oh hold on, it's not over and just gets even better!!!

When I got home there was a package from my Mom and Sister!!!
A beautiful outfit, black pants a purple plaid shirt and a black vest... it fit perfectly and I love it so much!!!

That evening I got a video chat from my grand babies!!!!!!!!
The best heart filling call of the day ♥♥♥

it was among many great phone calls and cards!!!

The next night it was dessert with my BFF!

(we laughed at how you can't tell where her hair starts and mine ends.. even though our highlight colors are totally different, they look exactly the same in this picture)

Nachos with that yummy white queso dip and Fried Ice Cream!!
I know, we were only going for dessert, but neither of us had eaten dinner yet, so we had to take care of business first.  Isn't that what you do with your bff?
She also had a couple of great pictures framed of me and her and another great one with me and mom!! I just love her to pieces ♥
She texts me birthday pictures ALL DAY and always sends me uplifting positive notes to show me how much she cares.

I told my SIL something I have learned in my 54 years is I no longer wake up wanting my loved ones to remember my birthday and being all pissy and bummed out when they forget.  
Now I wake up telling them IT'S MY BIRTHDAY giving them every opportunity to shower me with their love and we celebrate together!!!
It makes all the difference in the world in my attitude and perception of the day and who I am. 

It was just a wonderful day full of LOVE and I felt so special!
I am grateful for another year filled with blessings.
Knowing how much God loves me to put such amazing examples in my life to life and inspire me to be better and do better makes me want to do just that!
I am so thankful and blessed!!!

Happy Birthday to me... here is to another great year ahead!!

1 comment: