Monday, August 21, 2017

Total Solar Eclipse 2017...

I remember the last eclipse when I lived in Washington... I would have been 14.
I remember being in school and we got to leave class and go outside to watch it.
I only remember how dark it got in the middle of the day.

This year during the eclipse... 
There was sooo much hype around our area.   
Totality was only about 30 min. from our house.
Predictions of people coming from all over!
The headlines read: 

"Solar eclipse 2017: Expect gridlock traffic to choke roads, highways ..."


Yuk!!!
That was enough to make me want to stay INSIDE!!

There were more than 10 people schedule off of work today... out of 35!
That was super weird.

They company purchased and donated glasses to a couple different local schools.
So we all got some for ourselves and our families... my boss is super cool that way!

So I worked through the Eclipse...
Since we didn't travel the 30 miles to see the total eclipse, it was only 99.3% here.  Still super cool, and you could get the affect.

But we all went outside to check it out!


I wasn't disappointed... it was pretty darn cool!!


(this is when it first started... the only shot I got... it was an accidental reflection)
I didn't remember how much cooler the air got during the eclipse....
it was almost cool enough to go grab a jacket!!
Almost.

I think my very very very favorite part was that after it was over here in Idaho...
my brother texted me from South Carolina.
To share his experience!!

Here is a photo of the night lights coming on at his shop because it got so dark.

Totally made my day!!!
Totally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment