Sunday, August 6, 2017

Laundry Room Update

I think this is one of my favorite projects in our house so far...

The Laundry room flooring is finally done!!!


I talked Jim into letting me paint the wood cabinet white.  A hard sell for wood lovers, but it really updates this area!!!


We have to keep our appliances stacked because the new stuff doesn't fit in the room and still open the doors.  It hangs over the thresholds a few inches!!! what happened to standard sized anything??


I added the knobs to the doors, another thing Jim fought against, but they are sooooo much better and I won't be having to wipe off hand prints from the white cabinets... bonus!!


The shelves are going to get wrapped with a 1x2 and stained so they look a little chunkier.
And the door knob is inside the cabinet and needs to be changed out from gold to the bronze to match the deadbolt.  We will see how long that takes (giggle).


And the very best part is I found a home for the hand woven picnic basket that my Aunt Carolyn made for me.  I LOVE it, but it was soooo big and has these special baskets on each side for paper plates and utensils that made it even bigger!!  And it was lined and covered with a green and red checkered fabric that just did not go with my decor.  So I took it off and it can be used for the picnic later!!!

I am sooo happy with this space now, it is truly a happy place to go do laundry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment